Monday, May 28, 2007

Creating and maintaining a blog

Before starting the MBA class ADSI6601, I didn’t know what a blog was. When the professor gave us this assignment, I was a little bit worried and I asked myself what did I get myself into. How I am going to write ten articles and post them on a web page in 5 weeks? I am proud to tell you that I have completed my first blog. It was a lot easier that I first expected. I used blogger.com to create my weblog, it was really user friendly. A blog is a great way to post your opinion on the internet and to share with others your point of view on a particular subject. Also, you don’t have to be a software designer to be able to do so.

Creating the blog wasn’t really hard for me. Personally, I had a harder time to maintain and write the articles. I don’t have a lot of imagination and writing 200 words on a subject without repeating myself can be a real challenge sometimes! When I write things, I usually go right to the point.

I did not only learn how to create a blog, but I also gain knowledge of some interesting internet sites that I didn’t know of, like youtube.com and secondlife.com. I have also learned more about my classmates and their opinions by looking at their blogs. It was really interesting to read the different articles that were posted in the last 5 weeks. I really enjoyed looking at the different format of the blogs and different tools we could use. Overall I really liked this assignment! It was different than the regular assignments we usually get to do.

1 comment:

Louis-Philippe Gauthier said...

Hello Isabelle,

Really enjoyed reviewing your blog. Nice clean format, interesting comments and good choice of images. Good positioning and usage of Google ads and news feed!

Hope you keep blogging!

- Louis-Philippe Gauthier
http://www.philippegauthier.info